We’ve written a lot about various plastics and applications but there is also exciting news on the horizon with new plastics and plastic technologies being developed. We try to share these on our social media whenever possible but we understand not everyone checks social media or, unfortunately, even knows where to find us! Some news over the past few months that is worth highlighting.
These links will open in a new window, and not close this page, if you click on them:
- Scientists create the world’s first fully recyclable bioplastic
- The “Plastic Bank” wins a sustainability award for assisting in recycling initiatives and helping out the poor.
- India makes use of recycled plastics in new roads mandatory by law.
- Stanford University invents a plastic skin that may let amputees “feel” through their prosthetics some day.
- “Self-healing” plastic developed and inspired by squid tooth DNA.
- Algae may be able to replace oil as producer of ethylene, a key component of some plastics.
And who knows what will be discovered later this year!
And if you haven’t already, follow us on Social Media for the latest plastic news:
Google+: Click here