Snow Removal Solutions
Why Use Polyurethane Cutting Edges on Snow Plows?
Contractor Benefits Include:
- Polyurethane exhibits better abrasion characteristics than rubber and most metals.
- Polyurethane is resilient, and therefore absorbs impacts and conforms to the surface being plowed rather than damaging the plowing surface, making it the ideal choice for use on concrete, parking garages, brick, pavers, cobblestone, or any other uneven surface.
- Polyurethane cutting edges reduce driver fatigue and equipment wear by minimizing blade and equipment vibration.
- Polyurethane cutting edges are very quiet in operation, making them ideal for use in residential areas and hospitals.
Airport Benefits Include: (including the above)
- FAA regulators strongly suggest that airport snowplows be equipped with urethane cutting edges
- Polyurethane cutting edges can save you money in the long run. Polyurethane cutting edges are less likely to rip out or damage submerged lighting and pavement markings.
- Reduce litter on runways-polyurethane cutting edges will eliminate metal shavings that are encountered when using metal cutting edges.
General Recommendations When Using Polyurethane Cutting Edges:
- For demanding applications we recommend using 1-1/2″ thick cutting edges.
- We recommend using 1-1/2″ vs. 1″ cutting edges for plows 102″ or larger.
- To maximize the life of your cutting edge skid shoes should be utilized. If skid shoes are not being utilized, a 1-1/2″ cutting edge should be used.
- When mounting a new cutting edge, the overhang below the moldboard should not exceed the thickness of the cutting edge.
- When mounting a new cutting edge, the old steel cutting edge or piece of flat stock steel should be mounted on top of the new urethane cutting edge, acting as a large washer.
- Plowing speeds in excess of 35 mph are not advised.
Lightweight, durable polyurethane spinners are an ideal replacement for worn stock spinners as aggregate (ie: sand, salt, etc…) will not adhere to the polyurethane surface. And unlike the metal variety, polyurethane spinners resist impact damage and will never rust. Open hub or Closed hub, most configurations available.
Compaction Drum Scraper Blades
Downtime and performance are two of the most important factors with any construction equipment. Let our experience work for you.
Redwood Plastics has developed a proven scraper blade that is formulated for maximum performance and minimum downtime
Other snow removal products include: plow liners, snow plow edges, urethane cutting bars, salt spreader spinners and sand spreader spinners.