Ordering rubber products is easy enough when you know exactly what you need and a defined spec is available. However, what if that information has been lost? The answer is to start at “square one” and work your way up to an optimal solution. To that end you need to know five pieces of information:
- Application – What are you doing with it?
- Contact with – What aggregates or other materials will contact the rubber?
- Exposed to – which chemicals?
- Operating Temp – Lowest and highest?
- Durometer – What is the hardness (example, 60A)?
The first four pieces of information on the list must be supplied by the customer and should be easy to put together. “Durometer” is a little trickier if not known as that requires a specialized piece of equipment. In that case, a sample of material can be mailed to us and we can test it here. Having this information will help us, help you maximize success in your application.
For assistance with your rubber needs please contact us today.